I have been nominated by Debbie from Telling Our Story to participate in the Liebster Award! Thank you so very much Debbie! I am completely honored. The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. It is a way to bring attention to these blogs and build the blogging community. The meaning of Liebster is German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind. pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I will begin by sharing the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominates you.
2. Answer the 10 questions she/he asks of you.
3. List 10 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Ask these 10 bloggers 10 questions of your own.
6. Let them know you have mentioned them.
Here are my 10 random facts about myself:
1. I LOVE sushi!
2. I’ve always been creative, from pre-school with finger-painting to middle/high school taking art classes. No wonder I chose scrapbooking as a hobby! 🙂
3. I met my husband while taking computer courses at the local community college in 2000.
4. The first time I left my home state of Texas was at the age 22 in August 2002. My boyfriend (now my husband) and I took a one week road trip out to southern California to visit his family.
5. I have a strong Czech heritage background and we can trace back ancestors to Moravia, Czechoslovakia (now Czech Republic) all the way to the 1880’s!
6. My BFF and I have been friends since we were 8 years old!
7. Most people think I’m a dog-only-person, but when I was little, up until I was 13 years old, I had only cats.
8. I have five friends who live in the area and we try to get together every 3-4 months to scrap our hearts out!
9. I get bored easily. I can fall asleep quite quickly if I read a slow book or watch a very slow-pace movie/tv show. If it doesn’t grab me in 10 minutes, I’m not into it.
10. All five of my furbabies are “rescues”.
Here are the questions that Debbie asked me:
1) What is your go to crafting item lately? SewEasy
2) What is your favorite book that you have read? I do not read very much, so I do not have one
3) Would you rather take a car, train, or airplane to your travel destination? Car – more fun in my opinion
4) Where is your favorite place to vacation? Caribbean
5) What is your all time favorite dessert? Cheesecake
6) Do you have a nickname? Not anymore, but when I was little, it was “baby blue eyes”
7) What is your worst phobia? Losing someone I love and not having a chance to say goodbye
8) Do you have a lead foot when you drive, or do you take it nice and easy? Both actually
9) What’s your favorite board game? The Game of Life
10) Paper or plastic? Plastic
And here are the Ten Blogs that I nominate for the Liebster Award:
1. My Tattooed Paper Heart – Darlene
2. Creative Treasures – Melissa
3. Artful Scrapbooking – Evie
4. Odd Bird Out
5. Mamarazzi Scraps – Denise
6. Scrapper, Interrupted – Carolyn
7. Kim’s Scrapportunities – Kim
8. My Scrapbook Addiction – Ana
9. A Toast to Altered Art – Jules
10. Psychotic Ramblings from a Serial Scrapper – Chris
And now for the 10 questions for the ladies above:
1. What is your absolute favorite scrapbooking company?
2. If money was no objection, where would you love to visit and why?
3. What was your favorite subject in school?
4. If a movie is based on a book, which do you perfer: Read the book or Watch the movie?
5. How long have you been scrapping?
6. Do you like to cook?
7.What is your favorite genre of music?
8. Do you have any pets, and if so, what kind/how many?
9. Which would you rather do – go back in time 100+ years, or go into the future 100+ years?
10.What was your first car?
Thank you again Debbie for nominating me. I hope to see some of the nominees I have chosen “pay it forward”. 🙂
Loved reading your answers! How great to nominate 10 more blogs and keep this going!! Very cool.
Eeep! Thank you SO very much for this nomination! It really means a lot to me and I love when you stop by and leave me comments. Thank you!! I’m excited to play along. =)
It is fun huh? You get to know people better. I’m glad you were able to play along!
Whooo hooo! That is simply awesome Brandy! Congrats on the nomination! I am so proud of and for you!!!
Congrats Brandy!! I am honored by your nomination, but I have been nominated twice before and unfortunatly, I have been recovering from an injury and wouldn’t be able to put the time into it. Honestly, I am just trying to keep up with my DT work. Thank you so much for thinking of me and my blog!!!! 🙂 Evie